Wednesday, April 4, 2012


It's wedding wednesday! And today is all about the grooms! As I'm preparing for my own wedding, I feel like I'm forgetting the little things I can do for my fiance during the special day- because it's his special day too!

So here are 10 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR GROOM FEEL SPECIAL ON THE BIG DAY

1) Throw him his own shower! Brides get bridal showers for decorations, cleaning supplies, and frilly things- why can't your groom have a shower (or we could call it a monsoon so it sounds more manly ;)  ) where he can get tools, dress clothes, and things for work! via etsy

2) Leave him little messages, like on his tie! This is very easy to do. Just thread a needle with embroidery thread, and thread this message on just the under layer of the tie! Another message idea would be a little inside joke or pet name. via pinterest

3) While we're on the subject of little notes, why not send your flower girl or his best man with a quick note for him to read before you walk down the isle? "I can't wait to kiss you," "You're my best friend," "I love you," "This is my dream come true" are all cute ideas to write! via emmaline

4) Give him something meaningful! This woman gave her groom a cufflink with a man of the place he was born, and another where they will start their new life together! via etsy

5) Make his boutonnière yourself. He'll appreciate the handmade gesture. via soulscapesphotography

6) get him a killer groom's cake! Think of his favorite hobby, alma mater, etc! via weddingchicks


7) Decorate with some of his own interests! My fiance is going to be a math teacher! I like these math coasters, and this cool equation, would be fun to paint/hang somewhere. via google

8) Let him be him! If he has a fun idea! He should be able to do it! Caleb likes the idea of throwing the garter on his favorite hobby- football! via adaytorememberca

9) Meet with him and write him a letter before a wedding. This couple used a door so separate them so they couldn't see each other before hand. This can also allow the couple to hold hands and pray if wanted! via emmaline

and 10) I found this great list of things to do after you get married to continue encouraging him! via momlifetoday

No comments:

Post a Comment